As test products, we only select products that are vegan and meet at least a second point of our most important criteria. Ideally, all points are:
- The product is ecological
- The product is sustainable
- The product is social
- The product is healthy
- The product is high quality
- The product is durable
- The product is tested for harmful substances
- The product is made of natural materials
- The product is child friendly
- The product is beautifully processed
- The product is vegan
- The manufacturer is sympathetic
Once the products have arrived, they will be checked for defects. For the first impression we also have the following points:
- What is the packaging?
- What is the processing of the product?
- Are there any dangers?
- Does the manufacturer’s description match the delivered product?
- Are important details missing on the website, such as the weight of the product, details of the material, including small additional parts, the place of manufacture of the products, the source of the raw material and the like?
- How can the product be assembled?
- How easy is the handling?
- Have all parts been delivered?
- Was the delivery date according to the specification?
- How do the children find the product?
- What is the general impression?
- What stings you in the eye?
- What appeals to you the most?
- How does the product smell?
Depending on the article, the test phase lasts 2 to 12 months or even longer. It usually takes 2 to 4 months. If it makes sense, even just a month.
Where we test
The tests take place in our usual environment in our everyday life. Both in the premises of our renovated farmhouse as well as outdoors, in the garden, in the woods, on the terrace, on the gravel road, in the snow, in the rain, in the sun, in the sand, in the ground, in the water etc. We test further on the way , in the car, on the bike, in public transport, on playgrounds, during hiking, in the city, etc. Depending on the product, appropriate test locations are selected.
As we test
First of all, we test in our normal everyday life, just as we use the products without much thought. Afterwards we try to test the corresponding challenging situations for the product. These tests are within the manufacturer’s specifications. If, for example, the manufacturer writes that a sock is waterproof, then we test how much water this sock will endure under what conditions and accordingly document our laboratory tests. You will find such tests mainly in our new tests. In the older reports, we have done even less in this regard.
If possible, our newer test reports will try to get as uniform a structure as possible in the texts. A typical report contains:
- What did we test?
- Which of our key points does this product fulfill?
- Key data: material, place of manufacture, source of raw materials, size, weight etc.
- First impression
- Our experiences
- Positives and highlights
Why do we feel competent as test persons?
Ecological, vegan and sustainable to life is our life theme. We have been dealing with this for years and are therefore very well versed in these topics. In everything we do, we think of ourselves, which is the most environmentally friendly and social variant. Be it the conversion of our house, the management of the property, a trip, the toys, clothes, etc. We know many different products and brands in the eco-sector and therefore have many opportunities for comparison in mind. We know what we need to pay attention to in detail and can assess what is really high quality. multifunctional and durable. Knowledge of various materials, manufacturing methods and processing options are just as much part of our repertoire as the knowledge of pleasant handling and care of high-quality products. In technical terms, Roger is well trained and well versed. Tanja is the specialist in children’s toys and clothing. Dealing with these issues is an important part of our lives, a hobby that we have gradually made a profession.